Can You Fix It?

"I looked him in the face and I asked him one thing. I said, can you fix this?" Foxworthy said. "And he did not blink, he said 'yes, I can.'"

Monday, March 12, 2012

Sweet Home Alabama

An excerpt here from a nice article where Randy Owen - leader of the band Alabama - voices his sincere support for Romney:
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama -- Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney, whose appeal to conservative, evangelical Deep South voters has been wanting, came to Birmingham on Friday and brought with him somebody who speaks and sings southern.
Randy Owen, leader of the legendary group Alabama, put his southern country roots stamp of approval on the Michigan-born former Massachusetts governor.
"I hope this state is listening to me," Owen said Friday to a packed crowd at Thompson Tractor as he introduced Romney. "I travel all across America playing country music for guys like me, working-class people who grew up poor. . And what I want you to know is that I love this man. I love his family. I love what he stands for."
And from another article describing a rally and support from Southern comedian, Jeff Foxworthy:
Romney, accompanied Monday by comedian Jeff Foxworthy, told a rain-soaked audience in Mobile that he offered the party its best shot at defeating President Barack Obama.
"This president has done almost everything wrong," he said from the restaurants front porch. "This guy is out of ideas, and he's out of excuses, and in 2012, were going to make sure he's out of office."...Foxworthy, a Georgia native, said Romney has the experience needed to get the U.S. economy back on track.

"I avoided politics for 53 years," he said. I don't like politics, I don't like big government. But I do love this country...Mitt Romney is the guy with the best chance to beat Obama and take this country back."

No comments: