Can You Fix It?

"I looked him in the face and I asked him one thing. I said, can you fix this?" Foxworthy said. "And he did not blink, he said 'yes, I can.'"

Monday, March 19, 2012

Land of Lincoln & Other Thoughts

First, I'm encouraged by polls showing strong support for Romney in Illinois.  Illinois is close to my heart, as I lived there for several years, my son, Sam, was born there, and it nearly became our permanent family home.  They are saying that the urban and suburban areas having the strongest support for Romney, which is a pattern we've seen.  But I'm very hopefully that rural Illinois will turn out for Mitt as well.

A strong win by Romney would go a long way toward being able to get the momentum needed to earn the delegates needed to win the nomination.

One other interesting note: people (media, Santorum campaign, etc.) have  been suggesting that if Newt Gingrich dropped out of the race that his support would go to Santorum and create a more even match against Romney.  Well, apparently not.  In this poll, when Gingrich supporters were asked who they would vote for if Gingrich dropped out, Romney edged out Santorum among these voters.

No comments: