Can You Fix It?

"I looked him in the face and I asked him one thing. I said, can you fix this?" Foxworthy said. "And he did not blink, he said 'yes, I can.'"

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

The Real Conservative

Want to see what politics has done to Rick Santorum?  Check this out from the 2008 race.  Nice...



Come on Illinois today! What a huge difference you can make for Romney and at the same time in the effort to replace Obama.  From an article this morning describing the final pitches of the candidates in Illinois, I liked this:
Speaking at Bradley University in Peoria, Illinois tonight (the alma mater of Rep. Aaron Schock,  who introduced Romney), Romney took aim at Santorum’s statement earlier that day  that he didn’t “care what the unemployment rate is going to be.”
“One of the people who’s running also for the Republican nomination today said that he doesn’t care about the unemployment rate, that doesn’t bother him,” Romney told the hundreds assembled out on a lawn. “I do care about the unemployment rate, it does bother me. I want to get people back to work, I’m concerned about those that are out of work.”
“One of the reasons I’m running is to get my expertise in place so we can put people back to work and get America strong again with a strong economy,” he added.
The crowd gathered, many of them college students casually dressed in shorts and t-shirts, was a mixture of supporters and antagonists; when Romney came out, students near me shouted “Obama 2012.” (Paul supporters were also present.) When Romney announced he was taking questions, the first  question was about birth control  “So you’re all for like, yay, freedom, and all this stuff,” said the first questioner, a woman. “And yay, like pursuit of happiness. You know what would make me happy? Free birth control.”
“If you’re looking for free stuff you don’t have to pay for, vote for the other guy,” Romney responded. “That’s what he’s all about.”

No comments: