Can You Fix It?

"I looked him in the face and I asked him one thing. I said, can you fix this?" Foxworthy said. "And he did not blink, he said 'yes, I can.'"

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Encouragement

I am seeing some reasons for encouragement as we move into this critical stage of the Republican primaries.

First, check out this note on Hawaii.  Romney has organization and support there which the other candidates do not appear to have.

Second, Romney's superior organization appears to be helping him in terms of encouraging early voting for him, which is a wise approach...again showing how intelligent Mitt is in terms of organization (a key reason to anticipate him being an excellent and effective president).

Third, the last two national polls show Mitt up 12-14 points over Santorum, and near the 40% level.  And that's before what I expect to be some kind of a bump up for Romney based on Super Tuesday results.  This is right at the highest numbers of any Republican candidate throughout this process.

And finally, Real Clear Politics shows polls in the past two days revealing: Mitt with a 15 point lead in New York, a 9 point lead in Alabama (yeah!) - though another poll in Bama showed Santorum up 4, it was done a week ago whereas the 9 point lead was polled from 3/1 to 3/6 - so still a good sign for Romney - and a 6 point lead in California.  I'm surprised we haven't seen a poll in Kansas yet, but maybe that's coming.

The signs of strength in Alabama I consider particularly important.  Here's to hoping my adopted second state will come through for Mitt next week!

No comments: