Can You Fix It?

"I looked him in the face and I asked him one thing. I said, can you fix this?" Foxworthy said. "And he did not blink, he said 'yes, I can.'"

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Fight to the Banner in Florida

If we had no access to national and state polls in this Republican race, we could have a pretty decent idea what way things are trending by watching the ANGRICH and how hot and flustered and furious he acts.  So, Romney must be trending upward based on Newt Gingrich's fury at various real or perceived slights by the Romney campaign in the last 2 days.

Gingrich's life, personality, and even his poll trends in the past year, are simply an erratic roller coaster.  On the uphill rush side of it, he can move and motivate people - like what happened in South Carolina.  But it's a tempestuous rush and does not seem to inspire a lasting or stable political position.  Romney, in this regard, seems the anti-Gingrich.  He's much more stable and reliable, and seems to naturally take the long view of things.  That suits me great, and I see it as a necessary ingredient to a truly successful presidency that strengthens our nation.  It seems to me, it's exactly what we need at this time in our history.

With the final Florida debate set for tonight, and realizing Newt is likely to go nuclear during the debate with rage at Romney, let's keep perspective on this.  I want a nominee to face Obama who has created sustained success in the course of his career and life...not one whose life and career is a roller coaster - as often a laughingstock as inspiring.

One little anecdote from yesterday that brought a smile to my face.  It occurred during Mitt's interview on a Spanish language television channel in Florida:
"...Ramos asked Romney if he'd call himself the first Mexican-American president. "Your father was born in Mexico. So the question is, are you Mexican-American?" It wasn't clear if Ramos was joking, serious, or baiting Romney into saying something stupid. But Romney handled it pretty well. 
“I would love to be able to convince people of that, particularly in a Florida primary," he replied. "But I think that might be disingenuous on my part."
"So you wouldn't call yourself Mexican-American--even though he's Mexican by definition?" Ramos continued. 
"I don’t think people would think I’m being honest if I said I was Mexican-American. But I would appreciate it if you could get that word out.”

No comments: