Can You Fix It?

"I looked him in the face and I asked him one thing. I said, can you fix this?" Foxworthy said. "And he did not blink, he said 'yes, I can.'"

Friday, January 6, 2012

Mid-Point to NH then on to SC and Florida...

In digesting as much news and media as possible over the past few days, let's just say that media and bloggers are ALL OVER THE PLACE as to how to interpret what has gone on and is going on in the Republicans nomination battle.  I've seen what I consider reasonable opinions and "news" as well as plenty of stuff that...what's the kindest way I can put it?...is really, really out there.

First off, I think we are seeing what I thought we would after Iowa...a bounce not just for Santorum (which the media has been all over), but for Romney as well.  Romney is now polling better both nationally and in key upcoming states such as New Hampshire and South Carolina.  Some national polls have him at or above 30% among likely voters (I've seen one close to 40%), which kind of blows out of the water the supposed "25% ceiling" some ridiculous commentators have tried to hang on him.

And Romney has it right: while the other candidates are working to tear into him and each other, Romney is focused on what really matters, which is beating Obama and ousting him from office.

New Hampshire voters: you have a big responsibility on your shoulders.  Fair or not, Romney is expected not only to win in your state, but to win sizably.  Please work to make this happen - it could make all the difference.  South Carolina: you'll be up next and the first state where Mitt hasn't been expected to win.  Support him and give him that win, and combined with a win in Florida we could finally be on our way and be able to turn our full attention and resources to beating Mr. Obama.

No comments: