Can You Fix It?

"I looked him in the face and I asked him one thing. I said, can you fix this?" Foxworthy said. "And he did not blink, he said 'yes, I can.'"

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

The Genius of America

Before I post about two of the most amazing political speeches I've heard in a long time...let me talk about a third amazing speech that preceded them.  I've never seen a speech by a candidate's wife that was as strong, moving, and well delivered as the speech Ann Romney gave last night.  She was simply terrific.

A good portion of the speech was spent speaking to women as a wife and mother about their value and their concerns, and also about her husband and his strengths and character.  She also talked about the success he has had in life, making it very clear the value it would bring to our nation to have his skills and work ethic brought to bear on the problems of our day.

We celebrate success in America, she said, and know that one person's success contributes to the successes of others - a view that is deeply and truly American:
"But because this is America, that small company which grew has helped so many others lead better lives. The jobs that grew from the risks [Mitt and his partners] took have become college educations, first homes. That success has helped fund scholarships, pensions, and retirement funds. This is the genius of America: dreams fulfilled help others launch new dreams."
Here's the wonderful, lovely Ann in her powerful address:

No comments: