Can You Fix It?

"I looked him in the face and I asked him one thing. I said, can you fix this?" Foxworthy said. "And he did not blink, he said 'yes, I can.'"

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Sorrow and Determination

My five-year-old son had the same reaction I felt when he asked this morning 'who won' and we told him 'Obama' (I had to confirm it to him as he didn't believe it just from mom).  Although I wasn't fast enough with the camera to catch his reaction, he looked absolutely heartbroken and hid his face in the pillow.

It will take some time to analyze and figure out how to interpret the results of election day 2012, but it does bring to me both great sorrow, and even fears of what we have become as a nation and what we have ahead of us.

It also causes me to reflect and reinforce my commitment to my family and my faith.  Whatever lies ahead of us, if we stick together we will face it together.

I think we are in for some real and depressing changes ahead of us.  Obama has not shown to me any willingness to do what it takes to reign in the death spiral of our deficit, and what little he seems inclined to do will tend to further slow our economy and weaken our national defense, while increasing the iron grip of Big Government on our economy and our lives.

And yet, we will live to fight another day, fight for our freedoms and our country.  It will be on different terrain, and we will need to spread the word and gain more adherents to our cause.  But that's exactly what we will do.  We're down but not out, and thank heavens the House is still in the hands of the Republicans.  We will work from that base and move forward.

Yes, today is a terribly sad day, but it is also a day to find again our determination to fight for our future. Let's begin to prepare now for the elections in 2014 and 2016.

No comments: