Can You Fix It?

"I looked him in the face and I asked him one thing. I said, can you fix this?" Foxworthy said. "And he did not blink, he said 'yes, I can.'"

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Vamos Mitteo!

Thought this was funny and interesting at the same time.  Because Mitt's father was born in Colonia Juarez, Mexico, there's been this whispered discussion about whether Romney could be the first President of Mexican-American descent (first "Gringo-Latino" president), and some have light-heartedly started to refer to him as "Mitteo."

Funny, but kind of has a serious aspect to it as well.  I think Romney is right to emphasize the need to get a handle on illegal immigration in order to support legal immigration and make the whole process functional.  At the same time, there needs to be a way to reassure and work with Latino communities that would need to deal with these issues in a new system and allow families to work out being together and supporting one another.

Mitteo has the opportunity to build relationships and inroads that could allow this to happen.  It is also an important source of voter support for him.  Mitteo...I kinda like it.

1 comment:

Mark and Jme's family fun said...

It is funny, but I really think he should be considered the 1st Latino Presidenr. He is exactly as Latino as Obama is African American!