Can You Fix It?

"I looked him in the face and I asked him one thing. I said, can you fix this?" Foxworthy said. "And he did not blink, he said 'yes, I can.'"

Thursday, September 20, 2012

Squirrel!

I quite enjoyed this recent post from National Review Online.  A snippet below:
Democrats need to change their party mascot from the donkey to the squirrel. They divert the media’s and the electorate’s short attention spans with fleeting, fuzzy objects — like the main canine character in the Pixar movie Up, who was easily distracted from his main thoughts and serious duties by every last little moving trifle.
Embassy attacks? Quick, find a squirrel! Warnings ignored? Squirrel! American troops killed by long-plotting jihadis exploiting security weaknesses? Squirrel! Sabotage of the First Amendment by White House officials in the name of political correctness? Squirrel! Chronic joblessness, high gas prices, exploding dependency? Squirrel! Squirrel! Squirrel!
If that doesn't describe the MO of the Democrats and their media supporters, I don't know what does.  But I also think many voters are onto them.  We just need to keep pressing forward, talk to and encourage our friends, coworkers, and family across the country, so we can get this done in November.

No comments: